Choix de la version française
Site map - Back to home
General Conditions :
- The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities aged 10 to 30 years old at the time of the registration deadlines (see Article 2).
The Competition has 2 categories with age limits: Young Pianists and Virtuosity
- Young Pianists category : 6 levels
- Young Pianists 1 and 2 : 10 to 13 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Young Pianists 3 and 4 : up to 18 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Superior and Excellence : up to 25 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Virtuosity category : up to 30 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Registration deadlines :
Young Pianists 1, 2, 3 and 4 levels: Sunday, July 31, 2016
Superior and Excellence levels and Virtuosity category: Thursday, September 15, 2016
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to limit the number of participants in some levels.
- Registration applications :
- Only the Organizing Committee is empowered to decide on the admission of candidates who will be notified individually. Registration applications which are incomplete, non-compliant or exceeding the registration deadlines will be rejected. Complete application packages, from any place whatsoever, can be sent electronically (e-mail : email@example.com) or by the post in only one registered mail, the postmark as proof (address: Association Les Amitiés Musicales - Avenue Mohammed VI - 6, rue Beni Bouayache - 10 170 Souissi RABAT - MOROCCO)
- The application package must contain the following documents :
- the registration form (downloadable from the website) fully completed and signed (for candidates under the age of majority : signature of parents),
- 2 recent identity/passport photos,
- 1 copy of an identity document with the photo of the candidate,
- 1 certificate from the candidate's piano teacher or from the school where the candidate studied piano, or 1 Curriculum Vitae,
- 1 proof (photocopy of the receipt of bank transfer or bank deposit) of payment of the registration fees corresponding to the current edition, paid for each registration and each level and which will not be refunded back to admitted candidates under any circumstances.
- Young pianists category : 500 dirhams
- Virtuosity category : 600 dirhams
- Payment will be made in the name of the ASSOCIATION LES AMITIÉS MUSICALES :
- For candidates living in Morocco : by bank transfer or by bank deposit to the following account number: 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad (or any other branch of the Banque Populaire).
- For candidates living out of Morocco : by bank transfer SWIFT Code : BCPOMAMC followed by the account number : 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad.
- Important : postal transfers and postal orders will not be accepted.
- Candidates will receive a notification of acceptance of their registration applications by e-mail.
- A candidate may register for two consecutive levels after paying the corresponding registration fees.
- Candidates over the age of majority, non-resident in Morocco and unaccompanied may be provided with homestay accommodation in host families who offer bed and breakfast (registration form is downloadable on the website). A list of some hotels is also available on the website.
The Jury :
- The Jury is composed of internationally renowned pianists and musicians of different nationalities, whose identity will only be released at the Competition opening.
- The Jury reserves the right to stop some performances and not to award all Prizes: its decisions are final. In the event of a tie,
the President of the Jury has the casting vote.
- The Jury's deliberations are governed by internal rules.
After each round, when results are publicly announced, some comments and
appreciations by the members of the Jury will be communicated to candidates.
- Neither the candidate’s C.V. nor the name of his/her piano teacher or school is communicated to the members of the Jury.
Competition procedure :
- Virtuosity category : Grand Prize of H.R.H. Princess Lalla Meryem : Former winners of this Grand Prize are not allowed to compete again. There is no ex-aequo for this prize.
- No change is accepted in the compulsory musical program. In case of error of the played piece, the candidate is listened but not graded. The arrangements of works are not accepted: only original texts are valid. Playing from memory is required.
If some works proposed by candidates for their program of choice in Superior degree, Excellence degree or Virtuosity category do not meet the required level, the Artistic Direction of the Competition
reserves the right to reject their registration applications.
- Candidates are required to be present at the date and time specified on the website.
- The laureates are required to personally attend the Closing Ceremony on November 24th 2016 for the prize-giving. In case of absence, they will automatically lose their right of award unless impediment with justification recognized as valid by the Competition Organizing Committee.
- The first nominated laureates of Young Pianists and Virtuosity categories as well as some special prize winners designated by the Jury,
will be asked to play at the Closing Concert and can not expect to be remunerated. The concerts proposed as Prizes to the laureates do not involve fee payment.
- The Association Les Amitiés Musicales reserves the right to record and broadcast excerpts or all of the rounds and Concerts of the Competition, as well as to use the photos of the Competition in all media of communication.
- Initially scheduled date and time of rounds could be modified: in this case, candidates affected by this change will be individually notified as soon as possible .
Playing order of candidates
The running-order of the candidates of the Young Pianists catgory and Virtuosity category will be available on the website of the Competition (www.concours-lalla-meryem.ma) at least 15 days before the beginning of the Competition.
- The clothing of candidates during rounds and Ceremonies should be correct. Any violation of the Competition rules concerning clothing or behavior by candidates will automatically lead to their elimination from the competition.
- The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify, if necessary, any point of these rules and will inform candidates of the changes. Only the French text of rules will be taken into consideration in case of dispute or misunderstanding.