Choix de la version française
Site map - Back to home
General Conditions :
- The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities aged 10 to 32 years old at the time of the registration deadlines (see Article 2).
The Competition has 2 categories with age limits: Young Pianists and Virtuosity
- Young Pianists category : 6 levels
- Young Pianists 1 and 2 : 10 to 13 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Young Pianists 3 and 4 : up to 18 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Superior and Excellence : up to 25 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Virtuosity category : up to 32 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Registration deadlines :
Young Pianists 1, 2, 3 and 4 levels: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Superior and Excellence levels and Virtuosity category: Saturday, September 1st, 2018
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to limit the number of participants in some levels.
- Registration applications :
- Only the Organizing Committee is empowered to decide on the admission of candidates who will be notified individually. Registration applications which are incomplete, non-compliant or exceeding the registration deadlines will be rejected. Complete application packages, from any place whatsoever, must be sent exclusively by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application package must contain the following documents :
- the registration form (downloadable from the website) fully completed and signed (for candidates under the age of majority : signature of parents),
- 2 recent identity/passport photos,
- 1 copy, clearly legible, of an identity document with the photo of the candidate,
- 1 certificate from the candidate's piano teacher or from the school where the candidate studied piano, or 1 Curriculum Vitae,
- 1 proof (photocopy of the receipt of bank transfer or bank deposit) of payment of the registration fees corresponding to the current edition, paid for each registration and each level and which will not be refunded back to admitted candidates under any circumstances.
- Young pianists category : 500 dirhams
- Virtuosity category : 600 dirhams
- Payment will be made in the name of the ASSOCIATION LES AMITIÉS MUSICALES :
- For candidates living in Morocco : by bank transfer or by bank deposit to the following account number: 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad (or any other branch of the Banque Populaire).
- For candidates living out of Morocco : by bank transfer SWIFT Code : BCPOMAMC followed by the account number : 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad.
- Important : postal transfers and postal orders will not be accepted.
- Candidates will receive a notification of acceptance of their registration applications by e-mail.
- A candidate has the right to register only in one degree.
- Free accommodation in a hotel in the center of Rabat is available to all candidates who meet the following criteria :
- Acceptance of the complete registration file within the registration deadline,
- Candidates over the age of majority, unaccompanied, and non-resident in Morocco,
- Sending by e-mail the copy of the electronic flight ticket before Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
The Jury :
- The Jury is composed of internationally renowned pianists and musicians of different nationalities, whose identity will only be released as the Competition approaches.
- The Jury reserves the right to stop some performances and not to award all Prizes: its decisions are final. In the event of a tie,
the President of the Jury has the casting vote.
- The Jury's deliberations are governed by internal rules.
After the public announcement of the results and without disturbing the tests schedule, the members of the Jury who wish are allowed to communicate some comments and appreciations to the candidates.
- Neither the candidate’s C.V. nor the name of his/her piano teacher or school is communicated to the members of the Jury.
Competition procedure :
- Virtuosity category : Grand Prize of H.R.H. Princess Lalla Meryem : Former winners of this Grand Prize are not allowed to compete again. There is no ex-aequo for this prize.
- No change is accepted in the compulsory musical program. In case of error of the played piece, the candidate is listened but not graded. The arrangements of works are not accepted: only original texts are valid. Playing from memory is required.
If some works proposed by candidates for their program of choice in Superior degree, Excellence degree or Virtuosity category do not meet the required level, the Artistic Direction of the Competition
reserves the right to reject their registration applications.
- Candidates are required to be present at the date and time specified on the website of the Competition.
- The laureates are required to personally attend the Closing Ceremony for the prize-giving. In case of absence, they will automatically lose their right of award unless impediment with justification recognized as valid by the Competition Organizing Committee.
- The first nominated laureates of Young Pianists and Virtuosity categories as well as some special prize winners designated by the Jury,
will be asked to play at the Closing Concert and can not expect to be remunerated. The concerts proposed as Prizes to the laureates do not involve fee payment.
Under any circumstances, the Competition can not be held responsible for offers from its partners (prizes, concerts, grants, masters-class ...) and therefore does not recognize any legal responsibility in case of possible failures.
- All recordings, images and sounds, are the property of the Competition. They can be broadcast live and/or delayed by radio, television, internet and other communication media around the whole world.
- Initially scheduled date and time of rounds could be modified: in this case, candidates affected by this change will be individually notified as soon as possible .
- Playing order of candidates :
The running-order of the candidates of the Young Pianists catgory and Virtuosity category will be indicated on the Competition website approximately 10 days before the beginning of the Competition.
- The clothing of candidates during the tests and the Closing Ceremony should be correct.
Any violation of the Competition rules concerning clothing or behavior by candidates will automatically lead to their elimination from the competition.
- The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify, if necessary, any point of these rules and will inform candidates of the changes. Only the French text of rules will be taken into consideration in case of dispute or misunderstanding.