Choix de la version française
Site map - Back to home
General Conditions :
- The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities aged 10 to 32 years old at the time of the registration deadlines (see Article 2).
The Competition has 2 categories with age limits: Young Pianists and Virtuosity
- Young Pianists Category : 6 levels
- Young Pianists 1 (JP1) and 2 (JP2) : 10 to 13 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Young Pianists 3 (JP3) and 4 (JP4) : up to 18 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Superior and Excellence : up to 25 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Virtuosity Category : up to 32 years old (at the time of the registration deadline)
- Registration deadlines
- Young Pianists Category :
- Friday, July 31, 2020 : JP1, JP2, JP3, JP4
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 : Superior and Excellence
- Virtuosity Category : Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Before Friday, July 31, 2020 : each candidate must send via email a link (YouTube /Vimeo/Youku) of a video recording of the selection round. This video must be of good quality of sound and image, to have been recorded in 2020, should show the contestant hands and face and should be recorded with a fixed camera from beginning to end and without video editing.
- Saturday, August 15, 2020 : selected candidates list to be published on the website.
- Before Wednesday, September 30, 2020 : selected candidates will have to send their fully completed application via email along with the copy of their airline ticket.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 : drawing of candidates running-order.
- Registration applications
- Only the Organizing Committee is empowered to decide on the admission of candidates who will be notified individually; it reserves the right to limit the number of participants in some levels.
Registration applications which are incomplete, non-compliant or exceeding the registration deadlines will be rejected. Complete application packages, from any place whatsoever, must be sent exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application package must include the following documents :
- the registration form (downloadable from the website) fully completed and signed (signature of parents is required for candidates under 18),
- 2 recent artistic photos (maximum 2MB),
- 1 copy, clearly legible, of an identity document with the photo of the candidate,
- 1 certificate from the candidate's piano teacher or from the school where the candidate studied piano, or 1 Curriculum Vitae,
- 1 proof (photocopy of the receipt of bank transfer or bank deposit) of payment of the registration fees corresponding to the current edition, paid for each registration and each level and which will not be refunded back to admitted candidates under any circumstances.
- Young Pianists Category : 800 dirhams
- Virtuosity Category : 1000 dirhams
- Payment will be made in the name of the Association Les Amitiés Musicales :
- For candidates living in Morocco : by bank transfer or by bank deposit to the following account number: 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad (or any other branch of the Banque Populaire).
- For candidates living out of Morocco : by bank transfer SWIFT Code: BCPOMAMC followed by the account number: 181 810 21214 7266604 000 2 09 at the BANQUE POPULAIRE Rabat Ryad.
- Important : postal transfers and postal orders will not be accepted.
- A candidate has the right to register only in one degree. Candidates will receive a notification of acceptance of their registration applications by e-mail.
- No change is accepted in the compulsory musical program. In case of error of the played piece, the candidate is listened but not graded. The arrangements of works are not accepted: only original texts are valid. Playing from memory is required.
If some works proposed by candidates for their program of choice do not meet the required level, the Artistic Direction of the Competition reserves the right to reject their registration applications.
- The laureates are required to personally attend the Closing Ceremony, Sunday, November 8, 2020, for the prize-giving. In case of absence, they will automatically lose their right of award unless impediment with justification recognized as valid by the Competition Organizing Committee.
- At the results release, some laureates that will be designated by the Jury, will be asked to play at the Closing Concert and can not expect to be remunerated. The concerts proposed as Prizes to the laureates do not involve fee payment.
Under any circumstances, the Competition can not be held responsible for offers from its partners (prizes, concerts, scholarship, masters-class ...) and therefore does not recognize any legal responsibility in case of possible failures.
- All recordings, images and sounds, are the property of the Competition. They can be broadcast live and/or delayed by radio, television, internet and other communication media worldwide without any limitation of duration nor remuneration.
- Candidates are required to be present at the date and time specified on the website of the Competition.
Initially scheduled date and time of rounds could be modified: in this case, candidates affected by this change will be individually notified as soon as possible.
Transportation and accommodation fees are at candidate’s expenses. There is a list of hotel available on the website. (see “Practical Informations”)
- Dress code
Candidates must be appropriately dressed during the rounds and the Closing Ceremony.
Any violation of the Competition rules concerning clothing or behavior by candidates will automatically lead to their elimination from the competition.
- The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify, if necessary, any point of these rules and will inform candidates of the changes. Only the French text of rules will be taken into consideration in case of dispute or misunderstanding.
The Jury 2 groups
- - Young Pianists Category: Jury 1
- Virtuosity Category: Jury 2
The two juries are composed of internationally renowned jurors, among them pianists and teachers from all around the world, whose names will be released as we get closer to the competition date.
- The Juries reserve the right to stop some performances and not to award all Prizes: their decisions are final. In the event of a tie, the President of the Juries has the casting vote.
- The Juries deliberations are regulated by internal rules.
The jurors will not vote for a candidate that is or have been their recurrent pupil.
Neither the candidate’s C.V. nor the name of his/her piano teacher or school is communicated to the members of the Jury.
YOUNG PIANISTS CATEGORY
- The running-order of the candidates of the Young Pianists Category will be indicated on the Competition website approximately 10 days before the beginning of the Competition.
- Workshops and Masterclasses
At the end of each round, members of the Jury 1 will offer Workshops and Masterclasses to designated laureates.
- Grand Prize of H.R.H. Princess Lalla Meryem
Former winners of this Grand Prize are not allowed to compete again. There is no ex-aequo for this prize.
- 2 rounds Selection round and Final round
- Selection round: Video 30 mn maximum
- Final round in Rabat : 1st part: 30 mn 2nd part: 45-50 mn
Caution! No piece can be replayed within the next round of tests.
- No selected candidate will be entitled to enter the final round if his/her application is not accepted (article 3).